Thursday, May 28, 2009

If I were a chicken I'd have to be stewed.......

 I waitied until my family was seated for dinner before I shared my news. Everyone was very excited for me but also surprised. "We thought you didn't like to cook!" This was a legitimate response given all the times I had asked "do we really needed to have dinner tonight?" I tried to explain that it was more the routine, the lack of creativity and the rushed nature of so many of our meals that I found exhausting. I was hoping that school would help me re-discover a creative side to cooking as well as the confidence that tackling something challenging and succeeding would hopefully bring.
 So with my families support behind me and no clue really of what was ahead of me, I entered the Professional Cooking Program at SAIT in January 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment